The South African gambling industry is quite liberal. But when it comes to online gambling, it’s pretty restrictive. Online casinos can’t get licensed in this country, so they get their licenses from Malta and Curacao. That makes them completely legal, and they are free to accept South African players in.
But SA gamblers may have issues with the payment method. PayPal, as the safest method for online transaction, is rarely available at these casinos. So, you’re probably looking for an alternative that’s just as safe, but widely available across these websites.
Top SA Online Casino Sites that Accept SID
- Special Promotions
- Loyalty Program
- 5 mln+ Progressive Jackpots
- 250% Welcome Bonus
- $10 Free Sign Up Bonus
- Mobile casino games
- R8888 Deposit Bonus
- Weekly Bonus Games
- Cashback Monday
- 40 Free Spins
- 100% Signup bonus
- Weekly Bonus Offers
- R250 totally for free
- 300% on any deposit
- 25% Cashback
- R10000 Welcome Bonuses
- Great Weekend Bonus
- Safe and secure banking methods
- 1000 BONUS
- 50 Free Spins
- Live Casino Welcome Bonus
- 15% cashback EVERY Week
- 50 Free Spins Bonus to play
- R12,000 Welcome Bonuses
- Weekly Promotions
- Signup Bonus R200 FREE
- 80% bonus on your first deposit
- 25 free spins on sign up
- 200% bonus on your first deposit
- New Players Weekly Tournament
When you play at SID casinos, you don’t have to leave your credit card information. That makes you feel safe, doesn’t it?
SID is an assisted electronic funds transfer. It allows you to gamble without using a credit or debit card. It works just like PayPal; you choose it as your payment method when using a website, and you may go ahead and pick your game.
SID has been available since 2007, and it’s a highly popular online payment method in South Africa. That’s why you’ll find many online casinos that accept SID.
Benefits of Using SID as Your Payment Option
What’s so special about a SID account? What makes it better than other banking methods available at South African online casinos?
- Maybe you don’t have a credit/debit card. Maybe you just turned 18 and you’re eager to try real money gaming. SID doesn’t require any kind of card. It’s still a 100% legit payment method, though.
- Even if you have a credit card, maybe you have a problem using it online. Although the best South African online casinos are entirely safe, many gamblers prefer not to provide credit card information online. That’s okay. You can count on the SID deposit method.
- SID works perfectly well on mobile; just like PayPal casinos. The process is extremely simple. There’s no complex registration process. All you need is an account at one of the banks that participate in this method and connect it to your SID account.
There are multiple SID casinos for real money, so you won’t get bored playing at a single site just because you want to use this payment method.
Casino Banking with SID
Neither SID nor the online casino will capture or store the information you use to access your bank account. Your bank will provide an access token, RVN (Random Verification Number) or OTP (one-time PIN). You’ll use that code to authorize the payment. SID will automatically fill in the payment details.
No third party can ever access your banking information. That’s why some of the most trusted online gambling sites recommend this banking method.
How to withdraw money from your casino account using SID?
It’s really easy to withdraw from SID casinos, as long as SID is listed as a payment option. You will choose it, and the money will travel from the casino, through SID to your bank account. Since this is a local money transfer system, it’s pretty quick. In general, it takes about two working days for you to see the money on your bank account.
But be careful; not all South African SID casinos list it as a withdrawal method. They will allow you to make a deposit, but you’ll need to choose an alternative for withdrawals. If you want to withdraw your money with SID, you have to make sure that’s an option. Check the website or read our review for the casino you plan to use. You’ll find the info there.
How to deposit money to your casino account using SID?
When you’re ready to deposit at SID casinos, you’ll just choose this payment method. The casino website will not require information from a credit/debit card if you do that. SID will automatically fill in the payment details, and the casino will not store this information.
These are the steps to take after you create a real money account and you choose to make a SID casinos deposit:
- Choose your bank. Sid works with several South African banks: First National Bank, Standard Bank, ABSA, and Nedbank.
- Specify the amount of money you want to deposit.
- The system will take you to the website of your bank and you’ll log into your account. You’ll see the details of this transaction at the website. Verify it, and you’re done. Once you confirm this payment, your deposit is instantly available and you can start gambling.
Popular Games at the Best Online Casinos that Accept SID
When you make a deposit with SID at real money casinos, you’ll access all games the casino has to offer. There are no limitations placed on account of the payment method.
SA gamblers enjoy these types of games at online casinos:
- Slot Games – They give you a chance to win a large jackpot. The odds are low, but you increase them by playing more. Online slots are even more fun than “real” ones. South African online casinos offer a huge selection of them. Some of the most reputable developers of online slots are Microgaming, NetEnt, Novomatic, Playtech, and many others. The casino will usually feature a great selection of slots from multiple providers.
- Table Games – They give you the feeling that you just entered a real casino. You can place bets and win at blackjack online, poker, roulette, craps, baccarat, and more.
Live Dealer Games – You join a game that a real dealer guides from a studio. You place bets in real time, so it’s just like playing at a real casino. Poker and blackjack are the most commonly offered live dealer games, but you can also play roulette, craps, and roulette.
SID Casino Bonuses
The casinos are accepting SID treat this payment method just like any other available at the site. There may be some rules regarding minimum deposits and minimum/maximum withdrawals. However, as far as the welcome bonus is concerned, everyone gets it regardless of the deposit method they chose. Some casinos will even give you a no deposit bonus, so you can try the games for real before you’re ready to invest real money in gambling.
The welcome bonuses match your first deposit by 100% or even more. It all depends on the casino you choose, so it’s important to read the best online casinos reviews that guide you to the deals.
SID Casino FAQ
- How to register a SID account?
You’ll need to link your SID account to at least one bank account. You may choose to add several bank accounts if that’s what you prefer.
When you use SID for the first time, you’ll need to run the application. After that, you’ll simply choose this banking option when depositing or withdrawing money.
- Are there any fees?
Yes, but they are low. A SID account costs R250 per month. You won’t be charged additional fees when using it as a banking method at SID casinos online.