Who was the wise person who invented the blackjack game? What was the first blackjack casino in history?
Those are tough questions. With the fun everyone had to play blackjack, they hardly thought about writing things down. According to the information we have, the game probably originated in France, in the early 18th century. It was in the form called Twenty-One. It’s older than roulette, poker, and many other real cash casino games. The American variant is called Blackjack.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos for SA Gamblers
The best blackjack players (Bryce Carlson, Edward O. Thorp, and a few others) reached legendary status in casino history.
Since top online blackjack casinos in South Africa are getting easier to access by the day, the game is highly popular among Internet gamblers. You can play for free if you want to practice, but you can also start playing for cash when you’re ready. The low wagering requirements in online casinos make blackjack attractive for beginners.
How to Find the Best Online Blackjack Sites for Real Money
This game is fun because it’s always different. Slots also allow you to win real money, but there’s hardly any thinking and strategizing in that kind of a game. When you’re winning money in blackjack games, it’s not just because of luck. It’s also because you know your cards and you’re smart about the way you play.
But no matter how well you play, the blackjack online casino you choose makes a big difference. First of all, you need a website with low wagering requirements, so you can play whenever you want to without depositing a great deal of money. You also need a licensed, secure website that protects your privacy.
You’ll find the top online gambling sites if you read reviews. At our website, you’ll find reviews of individual sites. By comparing those reviews, you’ll see where you get the best games and most beneficial policies.
These are the aspects we consider when reviewing Internet casinos:
- No-deposit and deposit bonuses
- Licensing and security policies
- The opportunity to play mobile blackjack through your smartphone/tablet browser or an app
- The availability of games with blackjack live dealers
- An option to play for free before you’re ready to make a deposit
- Software providers
Based on those criteria, these are some of the top sites that support playing online casino games for real cash in South Africa:
Types of Real Money Blackjack Games
Since you can play various blackjack games in online casinos, it’s important to know something about the different types.
- Vegas Strip Blackjack – This variant of blackjack is played with four decks of cards. The dealer looks at the hole card as soon as they deal with the cards. The player and the dealer can split up the cards up to three times, and they can double down the cards when the aces are split.
- Atlantic City Blackjack – It’s played with up to eight decks of cards. Similarly to Vegas Strip Blackjack, the dealer looks at the hole card right after dealing with the cards.
- European Blackjack – This variant is played with two decks of cards. That makes it easier for beginner players. No one sees the dealer’s card until the player takes action.
- Double Exposure Blackjack – In this game, the dealer gets two face-up cards during the initial deal. This gives you higher odds to win, but you shouldn’t expect high payouts.
- Multi-Hand Blackjack – The player can play multiple cards during a single game. It’s a bit complicated for beginners.
- American Blackjack – The dealer gets two face-up cards. If they get an Ace, they may check the hole card without anyone else seeing it. The game uses between six and eight decks of cards.
What Are Your Odds to Win in Blackjack Games for Cash?
Do you know why so many SA gamblers love to play real money blackjack online? If you use basic strategy, the house has an edge of only 0.5% against you. Of course, this is a game that’s not only based on luck. Depending on your skill level, your blackjack odds will vary.
But when compared to roulette or poker, playing online blackjack gives you a better chance to win cash at a real money casino.
Tips: How to Win Real Money in Blackjack
Can you have a strategy to play blackjack for money online? Yes; of course!
- Progressive bets are more fun, but also risky. If you’re a beginner, you’ll do better with flat bets.
- If the dealer got a 9 or up and you to hold a 15 or 16 in total, you can surrender half of the bet and you’ll carry on to the next hand. It’s a smart strategy if you don’t want to lose the entire bet.
- If the dealer gets an Ace as his face-up card, you shouldn’t run for insurance. Your odds will be better if you carry on playing.
- Card counting is a fun skill to have, but it’s mostly a myth. Online casino games work according to the RNG (random number generator) technique that ensures secure gaming with no scams.
- Set your limits when playing blackjack online for money. This is a fast game and you’ll be encouraged to keep playing all the time. It’s easy to lose a lot of money on it.
- Play in free mode before making your first deposit. You need some skills, which get better with practice.
Instructions: How to Play Online Blackjack Games for Real Money
Blackjack is a casino card game that uses a few decks of cards, depending on the type you play. Each style has different rules, but you’ll find instructions at online gambling sites.
Here are some basic
- First, you should understand the types of bets in this classic casino table game. You can make them flat or progressive. If you bet with flat bets, you’ll pledge the same amount of money with each bet. If you want to spice things up, you can play progressive bets by increasing them with each win.
- The essential rule is simple: you and the other players compete against the dealer, to get a hand that’s closer to 21 than theirs. You mustn’t go over 21.
- Each player and the dealer get two cards each. In the classic variant, the dealer gets one of the cards to face up, and the players get both cards face up.
- A soft card is the one with an Ace. It gives you higher odds to win, so you should be happy to get it. Usually, you get a hard card without an ace.
- If you hit a hard hand of 17 and a soft hard of 19 and higher, you shouldn’t hit. But if you have a soft hand of less than 17, you should definitely hit if the dealer has a hand of 6 or less.
Deposit and No Deposit Bonuses in Blackjack Online Casinos
The best online blackjack casino in South Africa will always match a real player’s first deposit. Since there are several safe websites to choose, the final decision depends on the bonus you get. The best place to play is the one that gives you the highest deposit bonus. Some casinos will even allow you to play blackjack online for real cash before you make the first deposit. That’s called a no-deposit bonus. Although it’s minimal, it still introduces you to the game.
Of course; loyalty promotions and tournaments for regular players are also important. That’s why we review those features, too.
Can you play online blackjack for real money in South Africa?
Yes. There are many online casino sites that allow South Africans to play with real cash. They are properly licensed in other countries, but that doesn’t prevent them from operating in the SA gambling industry.
As long as you choose a website with a great reputation, you’ll be safe.
Is online blackjack legal in South Africa?
Yes, it’s legal. You should make sure you’re playing at a licensed online casino. From a gambler’s point of view, you won’t be prosecuted when you decide to play blackjack for real money online.
Can I play blackjack online real money PayPal?